David Zwirner Inc. seeks a full-time Assistant to work alongside a gallery Managing Director/Partner. The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and at least two years related experience or the equivalent. Superior communication skills, an interest in gallery operations, the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and thorough working knowledge of contemporary art are required. This position will involve significant contact with senior level staff, therefore discretion and poise are essential.
Primary duties include:
- Organize Managing Director’s schedule, plan and book travel, keep track of meetings and create expense reports. Maintain Managing Director’s daily to-do list.
- Liaise with internal departments on purchase orders, budgets, and other projects requiring Managing Director’s approval, ensuring all documents are in order prior to review.
- Support Managing Director in working with gallery lawyers, banking contacts and insurance vendors.
- Alongside accounting department, track incoming and outgoing wires and payments, invoices and budget requests.
- Respond to all Sales Department needs, communicate with David Zwirner’s office and household staff as needed.
- Organize and maintain Managing Director’s files, contacts and correspondence, forwarding materials to appropriate departments as necessary.
- Manage gallery budget for charitable contributions with the Sales team.
- Liaise with gallery staff and field requests in Managing Director’s absence.
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.