A.C.T. seeks a dynamic, people-oriented individual to spearhead Front of House operations for the historic American Conservatory Theater. The Associate FOH Manager works closely with members of the public and also virtually every department within the A.C.T. organization.
- Function as House Manager for shows at the Strand and Costume Shop Theaters.
- Supervise Front of House staff (ushers, bartenders, security) during performances and special events.
- Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and safety of the theater space (lobby, bars, auditorium, etc.).
- Reconcile banks and prepare nightly deposits from multiple point-of-sale stations.
- Prepare thorough and accurate nightly sales and house manager reports.
- Work effectively with stage management to ensure performances start on time and run smoothly.
- Address unique or special situations quickly, and solve problems efficiently.
- Serve as primary point person for all emergency situations. (Training in First Aid, CPR and AED a plus.)
- A commitment to ensuring that all of our guests have the best experience possible.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of House Management experience and must exemplify the highest standards of customer service.
- Positive, energetic outlook and the ability to effectively manage and interact with a variety of constituencies, from patrons and donors to staff and trustees.
- Demonstrated skills in budgeting, accounting, and forecasting required, as are good computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Physical requirements include ability to safely navigate stairs, work in dark environments and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Night and weekend hours will be required.