Berkeley Repertory Theatre, a Tony Award-winning theatre company in Berkeley, CA, seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual for the position of bartender for Berkeley Rep’s Michael’s Second Act bar and two other concession areas. This person should have a bartending license and minimum 1 year bartending experience.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to
- Serving a range of craft and classic cocktails, wine, and beer to patrons at lobby concessions counters and full-service bar, with an ability to balance urgency with graciousness.
- Attending at least one performance of every production and training sessions, as scheduled.
- Working in cooperation with other bartenders, concessionaires, house managers, custodial and production staff, artists, volunteer ushers, and supervisors.
- Following all proper procedures in the handling of cash and credit card transactions per company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred candidate will possess
- Bartender certification and 1 year minimum bartending experience. Knowledge of mixology classics and current trends.
- A proven commitment to delivering customer service at the very highest standard.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn. Creativity a plus!
- Ability to balance operating quickly and efficiently with periodic lulls.
- A proven ability to work with a diverse range of part-time staff and volunteers.
- Evidence of positive disposition, maturity, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills; English fluency required.
- Experience with bar/restaurant POS systems, especially CAKE, a plus.
- Appreciation of the performing arts, especially theatre, a plus. Reciprocal benefits for theatre goers.
Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth.
Position available immediately. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a résumé without delay. Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.