That Can Be Me, Inc. is a non-profit corporation with the primary function of driving Books@Work, a workplace and community-based adult learning program. Books@Work pairs colleges and companies to bring professor-led literature seminars to the workplace to build confidence, critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity. Our dual mission — to promote complex literacy while serving companies and employees — makes Books@Work unique. We provide high quality educational experiences to individuals from all walks of life. At the same time, our ability to leverage this work to strengthen businesses assures equality of access and financial sustainability. By developing reflective life-long learners, Books@Work benefits everyone: companies, families and communities.
We are a small organization with BIG aspirations.
We piloted Books@Work in 2009 with food service workers, and began to scale in 2012. Since then, we have grown considerably, with programs in 17 states and five foreign countries. But we are ready to go viral!
Are you passionate about bridging the educational divide in this country? Are you convinced that a meaningful, respectful learning experience is a right to which everyone should have access? Are you excited about helping companies transform their culture to become more open, respectful and inclusive to all their employees? Then consider joining us! We are looking for someone who can help us manage our operations and facilitate the smooth functions of our work – someone excited about working in a high-performing team driven by the Books@Work mission to engage minds and transform communities.
We are currently a team of six, but plan (and need) to scale the organization to ~25 employees over time. We are seeking a person who can help us on our accelerated journey, and grow with us.
For more information about Books@Work, please see www.booksatwork.org.
Specific Responsibilities: Operations Coordinator
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for
- All administrative functions of the team, including scheduling, document production, filing and organizational work, in concert with the entire team;
- Survey dissemination and response management, in concert with the program team;
Position Description – Operations Coordinator 2
- Database management, including primary responsibility for our book and short story databases, and management of our interview and survey data;
- Client-facing document support, working with our Operations Manager, including program emails, book choice documents, invoices and other communications;
- Program pipeline management support, in concert with the program and curriculum team;
- Research and resource work, including identifying local colleges and professors;
- Ownership of certain program metrics, keeping them updated and ready for reporting as necessary;
- Travel and logistics support;
- Bookkeeping support, as required from time to time;
- Such other items and support as the team, or any of its members may require from time to
The Person: Attributes and Qualifications
We are looking for someone who will work with us, not for us. Applicants should be open, entrepreneurial, energetic and willing to grow with the team, able to self-start and to complete projects independently, while contributing collaboratively in a start-up environment. This means being creative in putting forth ideas and willing to adapt as those ideas are tested. We need a quick learner, someone who enjoys the challenge of both familiar and unfamiliar tasks.
Specifically, the Operations Coordinator must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate
- Workplace experience, ideally 2 years in an administrative support or other
- Experience with Microsoft Office required, Microsoft Access (or other database software) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Exemplary writing, editing, proofreading, and presentation skills; ability to speak and write clearly and
- Unwavering attention to detail and thoroughness in accomplishing tasks, large and small
Most importantly, passion for the mission is an absolute must! Experience with the channels is more important than experience with literature or adult learning, but an excitement about our work is critical: the successful candidate must love what we are doing and be able to communicate that genuinely, effectively and enthusiastically.
The Operations Coordinator position is located in Northeast Ohio. Salary competitive.