David Zwirner seeks a Design Intern for Spring 2018. Qualifications include ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines, a high attention to detail, excellent typography skills, and superior time management skills. Proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) is required, and working knowledge of Keynote is beneficial. Previous experience at a gallery or museum a plus. Must be available at least 3 days a week.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Apprenticeship: Work alongside in-house designer to create flexible, creative solutions and manage execution of projects from start to finish
- Design: Assist on gallery signage, vitrine posters, invitations, press releases, and more
- Signage: Printing and weeding
- Image work: Retouching and resizing
- Special projects: Print and resize mock-ups, deliver and pick up incoming ad proofs
To ensure that our interns have a well-rounded and educational experience, we ask for a commitment of 3 months, with a minimum of 3 full days per week. Our gallery hours are 10AM – 6PM, Mondays through Fridays, with additional hours for occasional events and openings. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.