The Development Communications Coordinator is the Goodman’s Development Department copywriter who generates print and web copy, proofreads, maintains a Development communications calendar and liaises with other departments to ensure Development needs and priorities are articulated. The ideal candidate will be a versatile writer and editor as well as an expert multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills.
- Manage an overall Development communications calendar to ensure projects are kept on schedule and synched with other theater communications
- Coordinate routing/approval process of selected printed materials with Marketing and Design to ensure Development needs and priorities are articulated
- Serve as the Goodman’s development copywriter, copyeditor and proofreader, ensuring consistent messaging across all platforms
- Write donor salutes and event recaps, coordinate images and proofread as appropriate for online donor recognition
- Coordinate donor listings and serve as primary development copyeditor for performance programs
- Coordinate monthly board communications, including newsletters and fundraising reports
- Prepare spoken remarks for all Development events and activities
- Write templates and coordinate individual giving acknowledgment letters
- Generate content for informational brochures, the website, and collateral about the theater and Development programs
- Conceptualize and coordinate the production of video shoots
- Serve as a Development point person for website CMS updates and e-blast communications
- Liaise with Artistic, Marketing, Education, Literary and other departments to fact check and obtain information as needed
- Work closely with the Marketing Communications Coordinator to preserve brand identity and Goodman voice
- Other responsibilities, as directed.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, editing, copyediting and proofreading skills
- 2-5 years experience in writing, communications, editing, publishing or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. CMS or Tessitura experience a plus.
- Theater background a plus
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.