A.C.T. seeks a dynamic and skilled human resources professional to oversee the development and implementation of all human resources programs and services for the company, including employee relations, talent acquisition, employee development, retention, legal compliance, benefits, labor relations, employment practices and procedures, and employee communications. This position will serve as member of the Senior Management team.
- Human Resources Strategy Development—Working with all levels of company management, plan, develop, and administer a comprehensive human resources program that encourages and supports the development of a company culture that emphasizes the mission, vision and values of A.C.T. Establishes and maintains human resources policies which provides a clear operating framework for staff, and ensure the preservation of a positive work environment.
- HR Policies & Procedures—Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment law. Ensure that A.C.T.’s HR policies, procedures, and practices meet all legal requirements and compliance with local, state, and Federal regulations. Generate and maintain Employee Handbook and other HR publications.
- Recruitment & Staffing—In collaboration with senior leadership and departmental managers, create and implement talent acquisition, development, and retention strategies that ensure appropriate staffing. Assist managers in creation of job descriptions. Work directly with managers to recruit, interview, select and hire staff, including developing, implementing and continuously improving a comprehensive on-boarding program for new employees.
- Compensation & Benefits—Provide analytical and technical support in the development and delivery of compensation and benefit programs to ensure that such programs are appropriately competitive. Work with brokers and advisors in evaluating and selecting health and other benefits programs. Responsibility for management and oversight of part time benefits administrator, who oversees the administration of all benefits programs, including health, dental, vision, Life/LTD, Workers Compensation, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, commuter programs, and other voluntary benefits and coordinates annual open enrollment process.
- Employee Relations—Offer consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues. Assist in communications between employees and supervisors, corrective action and planning, disciplinary actions, and explanation and clarification of A.C.T. policies and procedures. Assist in developing, maintaining and improving employee relationships via communication, performance management, grievance and/or dispute resolution as well as interpreting and conveying A.C.T. policies.
- Other—Serve as staff liaison with Conservatory, including support of WASC, Title IX, and Dispute Resolution Committee, administration of Student Accident Policy (classroom accidents) and other Conservatory programs; serve as member of the Diversity Committee and the Life Safety Committee; act as advisor for Union matters (AEA, IATSE, SEIU, etc). Additional and special projects as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible human resources management experience. Experience working in a complex, fast-paced will be important. Must be able to work at all levels of HR: strategic, operational, and tactical.
- Experience in managing a human resources program, including recruitment, organizational development, employee/labor relations, compensation, human resources policy and procedure development and interpretation. Experience in the non-profit sector preferred; arts experience a plus.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration; current Federal, State, and local employment law; principles of organization and management.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, analytical, and organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; high level presentation, negotiation, problem-solving, conflict-resolution skills; flexible and creative with maximum integrity. Ability to respond to multiple and competing demands.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of constituencies, including managers, staff, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to exercise the utmost confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive material and situations.
- Strong computer skills.