David Zwirner seeks a full-time Inventory Coordinator for immediate hire at its 19th Street gallery.The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History or Arts Administration, and have previous experience with registration or collections management. An appreciation for organization, the ability to carefully manage time and meet deadlines, and a working knowledge of contemporary art are helpful.
- Coordinate all local shipments, including consignments, loans, approvals, donations, purchases, and sold artwork
- Oversee and arrange regular shuttles between the gallery and its warehouse
- Collaborate with Inventory Manager on inventory-related logistics for gallery exhibitions, art fairs, viewings, condition reporting, and photo shoots
- Receive and release artwork; working closely with Head Art Handler to ensure proper packing, labeling, and handling
- Prepare releases for all outgoing artwork and ensure all associated paperwork is properly filed and accounted for
- Assist with cataloguing and processing of incoming artworks
- Compile and organize all shipping-related paperwork
- Maintain positive working relationships with art transport vendors
- BA (Art History, Administration, Studio Arts preferred)
- 1-3 years experience in a museum, gallery, or art institution
- Familiarity with various mediums of artwork
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work under pressure and within a large organization
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.