City Theatre Company, a professional LORT D theatre committed to the production and development of new plays, seeks a MARKETING DIRECTOR.
This full-time position is responsible for managing all institutional marketing, promotion, and publicity for this $2.8 million nonprofit organization (just completing its 43rd season), including:
– coordinating all print and digital advertising with third-party graphic designers and agencies;
– writing copy for season brochures, post cards, press releases, playbills, website, and social media;
– arranging press coverage for all shows and special events;
– working with other departments — such as artistic, patron services, and development — to ensure that all materials publicly distributed by the organization remain on brand and on message, while upholding City’s unique look and feel;
– and developing a successful annual and show-by-show strategy to meet sales goals of nearly $1 million through single ticket and subscription (renewal and new acquisition) campaigns.
In addition, this position serves as the key liaison and art director working with photography and video design consultants, while also being expected to: maintain in-house services such as routine graphic design, website (CMS) maintenance and updates, e-blasts, and social media/blog postings.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
– strong writing skills and institutional “voice”;
– a calm, professional, and articulate public persona;
– a commitment to collaboration and a sense of fun;
– a proclivity to meet deadlines and be organized;
– new and original ideas and be data- and research-driven (experience with TRG a plus);
– proven marketing experience and success;
– and an enthusiastic passion for the arts.
Additional experience working with HTML, e-marketing (Mail2 or comparable programs such as Constant Contact or MailChimp), all or part of the Adobe Creative Suite, video and photo editing programs, and Tessitura is preferred. City Theatre prides itself with innovation and daring on stage; and it encourages its staff to embody these traits while fulfilling their roles in supporting the art and serving the community. Think big, think boldly, and help transform the future of City Theatre by being an energized, positive, imaginative, and integral member of this small-but-mighty team.
Position reports to the Managing Director, requires some evenings and weekends, and includes a competitive benefits package. This position maintains supervisory responsibilities for one position and occasional interns. Salary is mid-$40Ks, commensurate with experience; modest re-location relief possible.
City Theatre is located on Pittsburgh’s South Side and is the largest professional performing arts organization not located in the downtown Cultural District. Pittsburgh—regularly listed as one of America’s most livable cities—is a pioneering example of the “rust belt” transformation of the Midwestern city, with a burgeoning tech sector, low cost of living, robust cultural community, and numerous major universities.
Please send a compelling cover letter, at least two (2) writing samples, and résumé, to James McNeel, Managing Director, at email@example.com. No calls, please.