Tony Award-winning Berkeley Repertory Theatre seeks a full-time marketing manager to work alongside the director of marketing and communications in administering the activities of a full-service department responsible for an annual audience of 200,000. Specifically, the marketing manager:
- Aids in development and administration of the Theatre’s subscription and single ticket sales campaigns activities, with particular focus on tactical implementation, sales tracking, and audience development;
- Coordinates department-wide integration of staff and service providers across marketing, box office, PR, communications, patron services, design professionals, and outside vendors;
- Works with department director to monitor all department activities and projects, with particular responsibility for new projects and partnerships.
The marketing manager plays a critical role in a broad range of detail-oriented, deadline-driven activities that sustain and expand Berkeley Rep’s audience. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and energetic person wanting to apply their passion for the arts to the field of marketing.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to
- Drive single-show campaigns
- Advertising: coordinate and administer the Theatre’s advertising plan; maintain the written document, conduct research, solicit price quotes, make media buys, track expenses.
- Audience Development: support audience development manager in departmental effort to identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and sustain diverse audiences via advertising, co-promotions, special events, outreach, and other means, including development of new, highly targeted programs.
- Database: work closely with the full Tessitura software suite (including the RMA and T-Stats) to maximize revenue and generate key sales, financial, and statistical analyses.
- Administer a $4+ million subscription campaign in conjunction with department head
- Manage and coordinate all renewal and acquisition mailings between January and November; work with colleagues to coordinate ancillary in-house email and telemarketing.
- Manage advertising, research, list generation, and other related activities.
- Serve as day-to-day liaison with the box office/ticket services staff
- With ticket services director, administer Tessitura, TNEW, and web changes for revenue management and dynamic pricing.
- Serve as primary contact for and improve communication between marketing and box office staff.
- Manage and coordinate a range of departmental activities
- Research: drive the Theatre’s growing interest in and continued commitment to audience research, including extensive use of T-Stats, TRG Data Center, and Tessitura, as well as relevant outside sources.
- Budget tracking: maintain up-to-date budget reporting by tracking expenses in ledger and Tessitura.
- Social Media: collaborate with the communications and digital content director to develop social media strategy and content.
- Oversee the marketing fellow along with the department director.
- Execute other duties, as assigned.
Preferred candidate will possess
- A degree in marketing/communications, or 1–3 years of equivalent experience.
- Evidence of maturity, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Preference for a deadline-driven, detail-oriented, multi-task environment.
- Superlative communication skills, especially in writing.
- Strong analytical abilities (including math and statistics), intellectual curiosity, and unwavering attention to detail.
- Proficiency in digital media best practices (social, SEO, display, etc.).
- Experience with MS Word products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, others).
- Love of theatre!
Experience with Tessitura ticketing highly desirable; knowledge of RMA and/or T-Stats a plus.
Berkeley Rep offers full benefits including vacation, sick days, and healthcare. Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth.
Position available immediately. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a résumé without delay. Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.