MODA is seeking a Registrar and Exhibitions Intern for the summer of 2018. The intern will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, gaining hands on experience, and knowledge in a museum setting. The primary duty of this intern is to assist the Exhibitions Manager with receiving, cataloging, installing, and redistributing Jayna Zimmerman’s Welcome Blanket project that will run in conjunction with MODA’s summer exhibition, Making Change: The Art and Craft of Activism.
Additionally, the intern will experience the behind-the-scenes process of exhibition planning, design, and execution in a team-based environment. The intern will assist with object research, art handling, and install/deinstall.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Can work in flex environments
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Interest in museum studies, design field, or art history
Compensation: The internship is unpaid; however, school credit may be earned.
Start and end dates: Summer; specific dates to be determined with supervisor
Work schedule: Flexible with work and/or academic schedule; 12–20 hours per week. Mondays are required.
To apply: Please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.