David Zwirner Inc. seeks a full-time Assistant to work alongside a gallery Director. The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and at least two years related experience or the equivalent. Superior writing skills, the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and a thorough working knowledge of contemporary art are required. This position will involve significant contact with curators, artists and long time clients therefore discretion and poise are essential.
Primary duties include:
- Respond to all artists and artist studio needs, communicating with external contacts, etc
- Monitor all artists’ solo/group exhibitions, both domestic and international, manage checklists and loans
- Liaise with other gallery staff regarding all aspects of inventory & exhibition management: production, shipping, framing, photography, research, etc.
- Assist Director in sending out and monitoring offers, work with marketing department to obtain images, provenance, press packs or all other relevant documentation for offers
- Manage Director’s sales, follow up on invoices and prepare insurance appraisals
- Create and manage guest lists for exhibitions/dinners, support Director during openings
- Organize Director’s schedule, plan and book travel, keep track of meetings and create expense reports
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.