Join the Berkeley Rep School of Theatre this summer as a teaching assistant for our middle and high school Summer Theatre Intensive. Duties include assisting with the supervision and care of students and the daily operation of the Summer Theatre Intensive. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting assistant directors and teachers in the classroom and supervising during lunch, class breaks, drop-off, pick-up, and final performances. The teaching assistant positions are part-time and duties are often scheduled around the teaching assistants’ availability.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to
- Assisting with the supervision and care of Berkeley Rep School of Theatre students during Summer Theatre Intensive as assigned.
- Working with assistant directors and teachers in the classroom as assigned. The level of the teaching assistant’s participation will depend on the needs of the classroom and the prior experience of the teaching assistant.
- Supporting the daily operation of the Summer Theatre Intensive as scheduled.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of the final evening of performances.
- Remaining on-site at Berkeley Rep School of Theatre according to scheduled working hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth.
Position available immediately. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a résumé without delay. Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.