The Tony Award-winning Berkeley Repertory Theatre seeks a full-time video and multimedia producer to generate video content that drives ticket sales, fundraising, and brand awareness. The producer collaborates with members of the marketing team to identify, capture, and produce compelling stories ranging from behind-the-scenes to capturing live shows. This role is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the art director.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to
Content development and video production
- Produce approximately one short video per week for release across Berkeley Rep’s digital channels.
- Produce a variety of content such as trailers for live performances, behind-the-scenes features, interviews, event recaps, TV spots, and more.
- Execute full production process: pitching, storyboarding, planning, budgeting, shooting, audio capture, editing, color and audio correction, captioning, export/publishing to specifications for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Shoot footage primarily on DSLR cameras.
- Pitch ideas for video strategies around particular plays, events, and promoting Berkeley Rep’s brand.
- Edit quickly and implement feedback accurately.
- Create elegant motion graphics when called for.
- Work primarily on-site at Berkeley Rep’s offices in northwest Berkeley, with frequent shoots at the Theatre in downtown Berkeley.
Project management and administration
- Use browser-based project management systems such as Basecamp and Smartsheet.
- Budget and schedule video shoots.
- Maintain organized files, archives, and gear inventories.
- Transport gear while shooting.
- Maintain and monitor the condition of gear.
- Source and rent special equipment as needed.
- Communicate project status updates to art director and director of marketing.
- Adhere to LORT and AEA guidelines in capture, usage, and storage of footage.
- Build relationships with staff and artists; maintain vested interest in the inner workings of the Theatre.
- Photograph events as needed (parties, donor events, classes, and more).
- Train colleagues on basic camera usage and how to assist with certain aspects of the production process (import/export footage, basic editing, production assisting, etc.).
- Execute other duties, as assigned.
Preferred candidate will possess
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in film/video production or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of relevant Adobe Creative Cloud software (Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of DSLR cameras, lenses, lighting and audio setups in a range of environments; experience with Panasonic Lumix GH5, Sony a6300, or Canon XF300 a plus.
- Strong cinematic eye (composition, angles, lighting, movement, etc.).
- Comfort working with Mac OS.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing priorities and circumstances.
- Exhibits passion about storytelling, particularly in the context of a nonprofit arts organization.
- Organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for video on social and video channels.
- Experience and interest in event photography a plus.
- Ability to carry and set up gear weighing up to 50 lbs.
Berkeley Rep offers full benefits including vacation, sick days, and healthcare. Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth.
Position available immediately. Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.