American Conservatory Theater’s Young Conservatory (YC) program seeks dynamic and knowledgeable faculty members to teach students ages 8–19 in a variety of performance disciplines (classes are divided into grades 3–5; 6–8 and 9–12). The program serves students with a range of abilities and experiences. Subjects include acting technique, voice and speech, musical theater performance, physical character, stage combat, and playwriting, among others. We are interested in meeting candidates with demonstrated expertise in one or more performance discipline for current and future vacancies, with a particular need for those qualified to teach musical theater to young actors ages 8–14.
- Work with Young Conservatory Director to develop and then deliver course content that aligns with curricular and child development goals
- Teach one (or more) course(s) in an 8-week session with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Complete student evaluations, attend community events, and faculty meetings.
- A BA/BFA in theater or related area. Master of Fine Arts degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience with young people. Preferable: professional theater experience.
- Desire to teach a diverse student body.