The Accounting Clerk II is responsible for processing Orlando Science Center vendor invoices, expenditures, and the maintaining of the Accounts Payable and vendor records in compliance with Orlando Science Center policies and procedures.
- Enters vendor invoices into the accounting software, ensuring correct account coding and documentation.
- Processes vendor checks and submits electronic Positive Pay for checks prepared weekly.
- Ensures OSC expenditure policies are followed.
- Maintains purchasing module in accounting software and assists buyers with issues and training.
- Manages vendor payments paid by credit card.
- Analyzes and reconciles various general ledger accounts monthly.
Maintains accounts payable and vendor files.
Reconciles vendor statements and communicates with vendors and staff as needed.
Posts adjusting journal entries as needed.
Reports attendance and royalties to film vendors weekly and monthly.
Assists Director of Accounting & Business Systems with ticketing system administration.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Fundamental/basic accounting courses preferred.
- Experience: Two years experience in an accounting office environment.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Must have excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
Ability to work independently.
Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
Expected Hours of Work:
This position is required to work Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.