As part of a broad mission to expand its leadership position in the 21s t century, The Juilliard School has embarked upon an ambitious plan to open access to its expertise on a global scale through interrelated site-based initiatives. Establishing a presence in the People’s Republic of China is an important part of this endeavor.
The Tianjin Juilliard School (TJS) is the first branch of an innovative initiative within this global objective. Approved by the Ministry of Education in China, TJS is ready to welcome its first class of pre-college students in the 2019 academic year, and the graduate class in Fall 2020. The Master of Music degree is a New York Juilliard degree. By equipping its musicians with core educational values and cultivating experiences, TJS, along with its dedicated world-class faculty, intends to take on the challenge of guiding aspiring artists on the path to achieving their full potential not only as musicians, but also as global ambassadors. Through a combination of highly selective graduate and pre-college programs, community-based open enrollment courses and inspiring performances in a state-of-the-art facility, TJS is to become an educational and cultural landmark in the Asia-Pacific region.
For more information about the school, please click on the following link: https://tianjin.juilliard.edu
The incumbent will be working at the Tianjin Juilliard School is under the Public & Continuing Division, which serves the general public by offering lessons, classes, workshops, and other programs for students ranging from young children through adults. As an integral member of the academic team, this position will responsible for coordinating all operational, supporting activities and administrative duties within the department. Working under pressure, he/she will able to multi-task efficiently and be able to manage a high workload at peak times throughout the school day. He/ She will deliver an outstanding customer experience in all situations.
• Support team members to plan & execute programs, classes, teachers & students and training centers regionally.
• Manage administrative coordination about school curriculum, student recruitment procedures, study tours, administration structure, etc.
• Response to sales calls and inquiries and direct calls to appropriate team members.
• Support parents’ issues at the desk, trying best to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide information regarding school programs, marketing events, performance, activities, examinations, and timings.
• Assist with secretarial tasks assigned as and when reasonably required by the supervisor.
• Arrange and record all minutes of internal meetings.
• Assist Director to monitor project schedules and meeting their deadlines.
• Assist and process travel claims and events for specific operational budgets and financial objectives.
• Support documentation as necessary to implement cloud file management within the department.
• Assist in records management including documentation process, including employment documents, correspondence, evaluation forms, etc.
• Other duties as requested by direct or dotted reporting line managers.
• A university degree, preferably in the field of media & communication, marketing, foreign (English) language, business administration degrees are preferable.
• Minimum 1 year of working experience.
• Outstanding overseas graduates in marketing or management without working experience will be considered.
• Excellent English and Chinese language skills both in written and spoken.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• A team player, quick and independent learner.
• Well-versed in Microsoft Office.