ASSISTANT FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER | PART-TIME
Department: Food & Beverage
Days/Hours: Variable Schedule (including days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The Fox Theatre in Atlanta is seeking a qualified, experienced candidate for the position of Food & Beverage Assistant Manager.
The Fox Theatre aims to create a grand sense of occasion and memorable experiences for each and every guest of the theatre and ballrooms. This position plays a vital role in a guest’s experience by ensuring that bartenders and other staff are providing outstanding food and beverage service and ensuring that all equipment and technology are performing optimally. Candidates for this position must be organized and be able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to work cohesively with all employees of The Fox Theatre in order to maintain a superior level of service.
- Manage food and beverage service during theatre and ballroom events
- Supervise staff during setup, service, and breakdown of theatre and ballroom events to ensure that food and beverage needs are met for all guests
- Counsel staff as needed using clear, calm communication
- Ensure POS system and other technologies are functioning properly, including troubleshooting issues with help desk
- Issue and balance funds and oversee Count Room operations and security before, during, and after events
- Ensure that all staff members are abiding by cash handling policies of the Fox Theatre
- Provide accurate reports to Finance Department for each event
- Perform inventory of product
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times.
- Make guests feel appreciated through your actions
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests has to ask for it
- Work with all Fox Theatre staff as a team in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service
- Ensure bartenders are serving alcohol responsibly
- Other duties as directed
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to frequently traverse building including moving between multiple floors
- Continuously reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping, and wiping
- Remaining stationary for long periods of time
- Frequently climbing stairs
- Must be Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- You must be of legal age to serve liquor according to state law
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced mathematical and money counting skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
- Basic reading skills
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Basic knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, mixology, and standard drink recipes
- Advanced knowledge of beverage, hydrogen, and nitrogen systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, plan, and prioritize workload
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in field related to position preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food and beverage industry; preferably in a supervisory position
- Must be able to work variable shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Must have current TIPS certification or be able to acquire TIPS certification within 30 calendar days of employment
The Fox Theatre is one of Atlanta’s premiere venues for live entertainment. The Fox has been voted the “Top Small Non-Resident Venue” by Billboard Touring Awards for 15 years. The 4,678-seat theatre is booked more than 300 nights out of the year. An impressive range of events from Broadway to concerts to operas, ballets and movies continue to attract nearly 750,000 visitors per year. In addition, the Fox is host to wedding receptions, trade shows, corporate meetings and association functions in its fabulous ballrooms, lounge, and outdoor terrace. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization, the Fox Theatre stands today as a fiercely protected landmark and a nationally acclaimed theatre.
The Fox prides itself in being much more than just a historic theatre. The Fox is a memory maker! The members of our staff are held to the highest Guest Service Standards. Seeing a smile on the face of every guest and knowing that you are taking part in the making of a memory that will last forever is just one of the many perks of working at the Fox.
Whether on the front lines or behind the scenes, every single member of our staff plays a vital role in the memory-making experience we call “The Fox Experience”. “The Fox Experience” doesn’t stop at the doors of the Fox. The Fox Theatre Institute is a dynamic outreach program offering historic preservation and operations expertise, consultation and education to performing arts venues in Georgia and the region. The Fox Theatre Institute also provides memory-making educational experiences to students through initiatives such as Fox in a Box.
Fox Theatre, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fox Theatre complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Fox Theatre expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Fox Theatre is located at 660 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.