The nationally recognized Asolo Rep (LORT B) seeks experienced Equity Assistant Stage Managers for two upcoming productions. Applicants may apply for individual shows or both. dates are as follows:
Sound of Music:
- Prep: October 4
- 1st Rehearsal: October 8
- Tech: November 6
- Opening: November 16
- Closing: December 28
- Prep: February 21
- 1st Rehearsal: February 25
- Tech: March 28
- Opening: April 10
- Closing: April 25
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist stage manager with all areas of responsibility, including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare for, attend and assist with rehearsals and performances of assigned production.
- Communicate with all backstage areas and booth during all assigned performances and rehearsals.
- Assist stage manager in scheduling and coordinating all rehearsals, note sessions and any other calls as requested.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Stage Manager, artistic, production and theatre staff.
- Create run paperwork and run the deck during all technical rehearsals and performances.
- Ensure that the rules of all rehearsal schedules, performances etc. as set forth in the Actors Equity Association Agreement and rules Governing Employment in Resident Theatres are strictly adhered to.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the artistic and technical aspects of theatre productions.
- Sufficient computer skills for scheduling, calendaring and reporting.
- Strong organizational, time management and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems and solve them creatively and in a timely manner.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Previous experience in professional stage management required.
- Experience working with an IATSE crew preferred.
- B.A. /B.F.A. in theatre or stage management preferred.
Competitive salary/benefits. Asolo Rep is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, veteran status, national origin, material status, or sexual preference.