Assistant to Managing Director/Partner
The Managing Director oversees the global operations of the gallery, including exhibition programming; real estate, legal and insurance matters; strategic expansion and related initiatives, and manages staff across all locations. This position will directly support these efforts.
- General administrative support, including management of the daily to-do list and call list; arranging travel and scheduling both internal and external meetings, and meeting preparation
- Liaises with all gallery departments and locations on a variety of issues, including exhibitions, special projects, expenses, and budgets, and ensures all documents are in order prior to Managing Director’s review
- In collaboration with HR and department heads, organizes new hire orientation and prepares related presentation for all staff, globally
- Updates Director on status of projects and other relevant issues
- With Business Manager, helps to track gala participation and charitable giving
- Works with Finance department to track incoming/outgoing wires and payments, invoices and budget requests
- Additional tasks and projects as requested.
- BA in Art History, Art Business or similar a plus
- 2+years of art industry experience preferred
- Candidate be focused, reliable, and have an interest in art business
- Candidate needs to be quick, able to multitask and prioritize
- Must be able to work with team members at all levels
Position hours are Monday–Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references through our careers page here to apply.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.