Matthew Marks Gallery seeks an Assistant to the Senior Director to provide administrative and sales support. Responsibilities include communication with artists and clients, administrative tasks, sales support, and exhibition-related activities.
The Assistant to the Senior Director must be organized, versatile, and personable. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Attention to detail is a must. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a gallery, and a background in art history.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall administrative support
- Answer telephones
- Maintain and file documents
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Manage calls and inquiries from staff, artists, and clients
- Prepare materials for appointments
- Draft correspondence
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Undergraduate degree
- Knowledge of modern and contemporary art
- Experience in a museum, art gallery, or auction house
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Discreet and professional demeanor
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with “Assistant to the Senior Director” in the subject line.