BARTENDER | PART-TIME
Department: Food And Beverage
Days/Hours: Variable Schedule – Must be able to work evenings and weekends
Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The Fox Theatre in Atlanta is seeking friendly, enthusiastic, experienced bartenders to provide an exceptional food and beverage experience to each of our guests.
The Fox Theatre aims to create a grand sense of occasion and memorable experiences for each and every guest of the theatre and ballrooms. Our bartenders play a vital role in a guest’s experience by providing outstanding food and beverage service. You must be organized and be able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure in a fast-paced environment. You must take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to providing an exceptional experience for every guest. You must be able to work cohesively with all employees of The Fox Theatre in order to maintain a superior level of service.
- Mix, garnish, and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for guests of the theatre and ballrooms.
- Prepare and serve concessions-type foods for guests of the theatre and ballrooms.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Work as a team with all Fox Theatre staff in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Set up and breakdown of stations.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Fox Theatre standards at all times.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Abide by cash handling policies of the Fox Theatre.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in accordance to Fox Theatre standards.
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests has to ask for it.
- Responsible service of alcohol.
- Other duties as directed.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Traversing historic venue, including frequently traversing stairs.
- Continuously reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping and wiping.
- Remaining stationary for long periods of time.
- Be Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- You must be of legal age to serve liquor according to state law.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- Basic mathematical skills, handle money, and give correct change.
- Basic reading skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational skills
- Multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to work variable shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Must have current TIPS certification or be able to acquire TIPS certification within 30 calendar days of employment.
The historic Fox Theatre is one of Atlanta’s premiere venues for live entertainment. The Fox’s 4,665 seat theatre is booked more than 200 performances a year ranging from Broadway to rock to comedy to movies. Private events such as weddings, receptions, corporate events, proms and other gatherings are hosted in the Grand Salon and Egyptian Ballroom. The Fox is located on Peachtree Street in the middle of the city and is on the National Historic Register. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization, the Fox Theatre stands today as a fiercely protected landmark and a nationally acclaimed theatre.
The Fox prides itself in being much more than just a historic theatre. The Fox is a memory maker! The members of our staff are held to the highest Guest Service Standards. Seeing a smile on the face of every guest and knowing that you are taking part in the making of a memory that will last forever is just one of the many perks of working at the Fox.
Whether on the front lines or behind the scenes, every single member of our staff plays a vital role in the memory-making experience we call “The Fox Experience”. “The Fox Experience” doesn’t stop at the doors of the Fox. The Fox Theatre Institute is a dynamic outreach program offering historic preservation and operations expertise, consultation and education to performing arts venues in Georgia and the region. The Fox Theatre Institute also provides memory-making educational experiences to students through initiatives such as Fox in a Box.
Fox Theatre, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fox Theatre complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Fox Theatre expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Fox Theatre is located at 660 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.