The San Diego Natural History Museum is looking to hire a temporary, part-time biodiversity data manager.
The Biodiversity Data Manager assists the Curator of Entomology or designate in organizing people and resources to ensure that the LepNet–PEN project runs smoothly and is completed efficiently. The incumbent assists in mapping localities, produces custom training documents for the project, trains project personnel in proper data entry and quality control procedures, coordinates digitization priorities, and generates draft reports on project progress.
- Data quality control
- Training of project personnel on digitization best practices
- Coordinating the georeferencing of locality data
- Coordinating digitization priorities
- Other duties as assigned
- A master’s degree or with entomological work experience.
- Experience with Symbiota, and the SCAN interface for digitization
- Experience working with Lepidoptera collections
- Familiarity with the collections at SDHNM
Time Commitment: This position is grant-funded for approximately 8 hours per week for two years. Depending on the experience of the candidate, much of the work can be done remotely.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position, résumé, and three references to email@example.com . Applications will be reviewed beginning August 16th and will continue until the position is filled.