The Birthday Party Host is responsible for general party set up and break down including, but not limited to decorations, food, experiments, and clean up. The Birthday Party Host will be responsible for keeping birthday guests engaged and safe.
- Leads and facilitates the birthday party including disbursement of cake, ice cream and beverage, educational programming, science make and take project and general clean up.
- Demonstrates a full understanding of birthday party themes, and the educational component including the science content.
- Expresses a passion for working with children and exemplifies a love of science.
- Maintains an energetic and positive attitude throughout the party.
- Collaborates with Birthday Party Assistants during Birthday Parties to share responsibilities and to help ensure each birthday guest is receiving exemplary customer service.
- Fulfills scheduling requirements by having full weekend availability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Completion of 10th grade, H.S.
- Experience: Customer service experience. Experience working with children (K-12) in an informal setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or A.A.
- Coursework in Education or Science field.
- Must be comfortable speaking in large groups to a ranging age group.
- Must be able to sit/stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be comfortable working in a loud environment.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Part-time, hours vary based on need.