David Zwirner seeks a full-time Books Coordinator for immediate hire. This position will report jointly to the gallery’s Research team and David Zwirner Books and will support the daily needs of the gallery’s sales, research, publications, and marketing departments across all gallery locations worldwide.
The Books Coordinator will have current knowledge on all books relevant to the gallery’s activities and will actively support those activities with a thorough and efficient understanding of how books relate to the gallery’s sales activities and research support.
The ideal candidate will have a BA, and a minimum of 2-3 years of gallery, museum, or related publishing experience is required. Superior writing and communication skills, the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and a collegial and collaborative working style are required, in addition to a thorough working knowledge of contemporary art and a passionate interest in books and publishing. This position will involve significant contact with staff, therefore discretion and poise are essential. This role also requires significant physical labor including lifting and carrying heavy books and relocating them between storage and office locations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate book-related needs of international gallery locations
- Maintain gallery’s Sales/Marketing libraries for client needs
- Order all new “third-party” and “out-of-print” publications for the gallery’s main Archive/Research library, internal gallery use, and sales needs
- Provide publications for sales viewings and proposals/special projects
- Organize and ship publications for all art fairs internationally
- Coordinate and manage all targeted client mailings of selected publications
- Work with colleagues in Research team on special projects involving book-related research
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references through our careers page here to apply.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.