As part of a broad mission to expand its leadership position in the 21s t century, The Juilliard School has embarked upon an ambitious plan to open access to its expertise on a global scale through interrelated site-based initiatives. Establishing a presence in the People’s Republic of China is an important part of this endeavor.
The Tianjin Juilliard School (TJS) is the first branch of an innovative initiative within this global objective. Approved by the Ministry of Education in China, TJS is ready to welcome its first class of pre-college students in the 2019 academic year, and the graduate class in Fall 2020. The Master of Music degree is a New York Juilliard degree. By equipping its musicians with core educational values and cultivating experiences, TJS, along with its dedicated world-class faculty, intends to take on the challenge of guiding aspiring artists on the path to achieving their full potential not only as musicians, but also as global ambassadors. Through a combination of highly selective graduate and pre-college programs, community-based open enrollment courses and inspiring performances in a state-of-the-art facility, TJS is to become an educational and cultural landmark in the Asia-Pacific region.
For more information about the school, please click on the following link: https://tianjin.juilliard.edu
The Business Development Manager at the Tianjin Juilliard School is under the Public & Continuing Division, which serves the general public by offering lessons, classes, workshops, and other programs for students ranging from young children through adults. As an integral member of the Business Development team, this position will market the non-degree programs to extend the music community of Juilliard’s education across the country.
• Plan & formulate the annually, quarterly and monthly sales plans and activities for public and continuing education,
• Provide strong and inspiring leadership managing and overseeing a complex and extensive network of examination centers and other key partnerships of schools.
• Fulfill and further the educational mission of Juilliard’s Music Community Education across China, uphold the school branding and to ensure every sales project is profitable.
• Able to achieve challenging targets, the post holder must optimize the effectiveness of the team in Tianjin across a range of functions including sales, marketing, network, academics including students and assessment services.
• Responsible for entry and revenue growth in that region which comprises one of Juilliard’s largest and most important public education markets.
• Devise sales channel strategy across the region and ensuring it is implemented effectively.
• Identify the very significant growth potential market segment that exists in the education sector that ensures competitiveness and rapid market share growth.
• Manage and sustain relationships with key partners to pursue the overall vision of Juilliard Music Education and forming new partnerships.
• Collect data of competitors and market intelligence for the social media marketing team.
• A university degree, preferably in the field of Marketing, Business Administration or its equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in the International K12 education sector preferred.
• Outstanding overseas graduates with MBA or Music education is a plus.
• Proven ability to operate at an operational level.
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills
• Excellent sales negotiation skills
• Good in both written and spoken English skills.
• A team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to travel extensively about 50% of working time.
• A quick and independent learner.
• Experience in Microsoft Office & CRM applications.