Atlanta Ballet seeks a Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing, and assessing Atlanta Ballet’s development plans in support of the organization’s strategic vision and growth.
Reports to: President & CEO
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as a key member of the leadership team, the CAO will effectively represent the organization’s development interests to constituencies, both internal and external, and will work in close collaboration with the CEO, Artistic Director and the Board of Trustees to achieve philanthropic goals and build a case for support.
The primary responsibility is to develop the overall strategy for the annual fund, estate planning and proposed capital campaigns, especially the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors. In this effort, the CAO will primarily focus on high net worth individuals and trustees as well as cultivating relationships with major local and national foundations.
In addition to establishing and maintaining a personal portfolio of current and prospective major donors, the CAO will manage the development team , as well as oversee technical support within the department, including, prospect research . The CAO will succeed and lead by example in a mission-driven working environment that balances the need and relevance of programs with the efficiency of best business practices, fiscal accountability, and institutional impact.
• 10-plus years experience with a track record of soliciting and closing six and seven figure gifts
• Innovative, forward-thinking professional with exceptional interpersonal skills, a genuine and infectious enthusiasm for ballet and the mission of Atlanta Ballet, and a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
• Successful experience planning and leading capital campaigns
• Knowledge of estate planning, experience securing planned gifts
• Ability to think both analytically and creatively
• A compelling, mature, charismatic leader with the ability to move a team forward by inspiring and motivating people with creativity and energy
• A superb manager who is an inspiring coach and mentor
• A sense of humor.
• Successful collaborator
• Strong communication skills, but should also be able to create an environment that is conducive to open and direct communication with individuals of varying degrees of involvement with Atlanta Ballet.
• A resourceful, results-oriented leader with the ability to think strategically, generate new ideas, prioritize, plan, and set goals and objectives, as well as implement and follow-through.
• Ability to speak credibly and persuasively about Atlanta Ballet’s vision for the future.
• Bachelor’s degree required
Salary commensurate with experience. Atlanta Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter to:
WH Management Group, LLC