The Morgan Library & Museum seeks a temporary, part-time Collections Metadata Assistant to perform data work in the Morgan’s collections catalog, CORSAIR, OCLC’s WorldCat database, and various local and external databases. The Assistant will also perform routine database maintenance tasks in all systems, as well as assist with the physical processing and rehousing of collection items.
This temporary part-time position is offered for twenty-one hours per week until September 2020.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Morgan strongly encourages applicants with a demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion, and gender equity in programming, outreach, hiring, and collection development.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or related field, or substantial course work towards the degree
- Prior experience working in a research library, especially cataloging in special collections, preferred
- Knowledge of the MARC format, RDA, AACR2, NAF and LCSH preferred
- Knowledge of authority control procedures preferred
- Experience with Voyager and the OCLC Connexion client preferred
- Experience with MS Access and Excel preferred
- Familiarity with data manipulation and transformation tools, such as MarcEdit, OpenRefine, and MacroExpress preferred
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments
- Ability to work for extended periods at a computer workstation
- Ability to lift moderately heavy boxes and books
- Ability to push a fully loaded book truck
Competitive hourly rate.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.