David Zwirner gallery seeks a Communications Coordinator to join its international Communications department. The position is based in New York and reports to the Director of Communications. The ideal candidate will have at least three years related experience in public relations and marketing with good contacts in art and culture publications. Superior communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, work collaboratively and efficiently, and manage and meet deadlines is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support the Director and Communications Manager in the planning and implementation of press campaigns in a wide range of top local, national, and international media, including print, online, tv, and radio for DZNY shows and selected 3rd-party museum shows
- Help field day-to-day media requests pertaining to DZNY
- Create and distribute all press release mailings for DZNY and David Zwirner Books
- Coordinate all press image requests for DZNY
- Create and maintain all press image links for DZNY
- Help liaise with museum press offices and PR agencies on 3rd party shows
- Maintain the press archive
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Photo teams on all DZNY Exhibition packages for artists
- Keep track and maintain all Communications items in Asana Exhibition Memos
- Assist in the coordination of the bi-annual New York press conference
- Coordinate logistics for all New York press previews and provide on-the-ground support
- Work closely with the New York Communications department to create general and targeted invite lists for press previews and outside press trips
- Help coordinate press materials related to North and South American art fairs
- BA or Masters degree in Art History or Communications preferred
- 2 + years of related experience in a gallery, PR agency, museum, or art institution
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, and Photoshop
Position hours are Monday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours and travel. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No calls or walk-ins please.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references through our careers page here to apply.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law