Museum of Ice Cream/Figure 8 is seeking a creative, adaptable, and motivated Concept Designer / Artist to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for generating and evolving designs for immersive environments. You must be comfortable working with a collaborative, optimistic and imaginative team and able to deliver creative solutions quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the Director of Design/Creative Director to refine the artistic vision for projects
- Create and explore exhibit ideas through quick sketches and storyboards
- Develop artwork that describes fully realized exhibit spaces including scenery, signage, lighting, and atmospherics
- Develop characters within our brand environments
- Collaborate with other designers to produce exhibit narratives and story breakdowns
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in exhibit, experiential, themed entertainment, theatrical, or scenic design
- You have a bachelor’s degree in scenic design, architecture, themed entertainment, or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- You have excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- You are “quick to the draw” in a literal sense and can illustrate blue sky concepts on the fly
About Museum of Ice Cream:
Museum of Ice Cream is an inclusive & immersive brand, designed to captivate your sweetest fantasy and sugar-filled daydreams online and IRL. At Museum of Ice Cream, we invite you to believe in the magic of creativity, to remind you that inclusive spaces do exist and to show you that childlike wonder is worth savoring. In our world, ice cream is the agent of change and the vehicle to ignite the creative spirit that lives in all of us. Fueled by the power of imagination, MOIC is a universe of possibilities with tons of room for you to explore.
Museum of Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.