Description: Supports the functions, programs, and initiatives of the Office of Student Affairs by completing administrative and clerical tasks, performing programmatic responsibilities and provides technical support. Also provide administrative support to the Associate Dean of Student Development and Assistant Dean of Student Affairs.
The Juilliard School is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and working environment. Therefore, employment with Juilliard is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation
- Manages daily operations of Student Affairs office, including: answers in-person, phone and email requests/queries about student affairs events, programs, amenities and general student concerns from students, alumni, staff and faculty
- Coordinates, manages, and tracks Student Multipurpose Room reservations, multimedia equipment, programs and activities, inventory of supplies, and other departmental resources.
- Manages student services and amenities including off campus housing and neighborhood resources, discount movie pass program, ticket distributions for free opportunities and performances, and developing student discounts
- Supervises Student Affairs office work-study students, including hiring, training, scheduling and approving timesheets
- Aids the Assistant Director of Student Affairs with the execution of departmental programs including the Juilliard Leadership Program, Foundations Program Series, student organization events, and other activities as a member of the Student Engagement Team
- Schedules and maintains electronic calendar of programs, appointments, meetings, and coordinates activities related to the operation of the School and Student Development division.
- Designs and distributes marketing materials for Student Affairs events, programs, and services.
- Produces bi-weekly student e-blast
- Manages technical operations and media for the Student Affairs office, including departmental webpages and email account, electronic bulletin boards, coordinates the Student Affairs social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram); manages technical aspects of New Student Orientation including attendance tracking and student and family communication
- Assists with the operational logistics and execution of New Student Orientation
- Work closely with the Associate Dean of Student Development or Assistant Dean of Student Affairs to support the School and department/division operations
- May serve on School committees as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks in an active office environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, organizational and clerical skills and the ability to speak effectively to students, faculty, parents/guardians, school administrators and external vendors
- Strong computer skills using software packages including Microsoft Office Suite, mobile applications, and student information systems
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- 2+ years of office experience in a student affairs, student activities, residence life, or higher education environment
- Experience supervising student staff
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to perform as part of a team
- Interest and appreciation of the performing arts, preferred
- Previous experience in a combination of the following: student programming, orientation, student clubs/organizations or leadership development, preferred