The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Additionally, a coordinator will be responsible for closely monitoring sales pipelines, team student associates, meeting logistics, and special projects.
The Coordinator in Sports & Entertainment will primarily focus on the Entertainment properties including, but not limited to, six (6) venues (LA Forum, Chicago Theatre, Hulu Theatre, Radio City Music Hall, Beacon Theatre, and Madison Square Garden) and associated music platforms, Boston Calling Music Festival, Radio City Rockettes and the Christmas Spectacular, among others. Additionally, the coordinator will assist Knicks, Rangers, and CLG platforms when necessary.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Work with Sales managers, Directors and VP’s on creating all sponsorship proposals and supporting sales materials
- Proactively manage the sales process by communicating with internal stakeholders and obtaining necessary approvals
- Develop relationships with stakeholders of different internal departments and vet all proposals through appropriate departments prior to presenting
- Communicate effectively with design team to ensure high quality presentations
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date pipeline of sales activity and inventory for multiple properties
- Hire, Manage and develop Sports and Entertainment Sales Student Associate(s) throughout the year
- Lead logistics in setting up meetings and conference rooms for partnership presentations
- Generate new leads for Sales Team through prospect and category research
- Prepare company overview research and executive backgrounds for meetings and presentations with senior staff members
- 1-2 years Sports/Entertainment industry experience; sponsorship experience, advertising and marketing knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business and/or Sports/ Entertainment concentration preferred but not necessary
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal departments and business partners including sponsors, vendors and media partners.
- Must be computer proficient with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be flexible with hours to work.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.