David Zwirner is seeking a Creative Director to provide vision and direction to all visual content aspects of the gallery, including graphic design (for both digital and offline projects), photography, and videography. This role will be responsible for communicating the brand across internal and external channels, defining and applying a unified brand look and feel across all touchpoints.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Creative Director will oversee a highly talented team comprised of photographers, photo producers, image archivists, designers and videographers, as well as external contributors and agencies for both David Zwirner and David Zwirner Books. The Creative Director will provide direction and leadership to these teams, set timelines and manage executions, collaborating and communicating effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, execute, and manage all visual content for David Zwirner and David Zwirner Books, which includes but is not limited to photography, video, and print and digital design
- Oversee the creative direction, including graphic and visual approach for all marketing, exhibition, sales, and gallery design needs
- Conceptualize, develop and execute unique narrative content and digital marketing campaigns with innovative POV and superior execution
- Expand upon and enforce style guidelines to inform design and messaging across all touchpoints (OOH, advertising, digital, social, collateral, signage, etc.) while continuously exploring new ways to refine and enhance our visual identity
- Helm the design evolution of digital platforms, including davidzwirner.com and davidzwirnerbooks.com
- Lead, manage, and mentor in-house Creative team as well as external vendors, agencies, and partners
- Partner closely with the Marketing, Sales and Artist Management teams to ensure alignment on priorities, timelines, and identify opportunities to refine and enhance the process and results
- Manage and prioritize the creative projects for all global locations; build creative processes and systems that scale
- Supervise the team’s daily/weekly workflow, manage project workload, and monitor deadlines
- Forecast and manage the creative budget for all exhibitions, fairs, online sales, and other gallery initiatives (includes photography, videography, design, etc)
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Digital, and Research teams to develop and produce relevant creative for special projects
- Develop, maintain and manage relationships with external creative agencies, vendors, and creative contributors
- Bring latest best practices, trends, ideas, and innovations across platforms
- Fluency in the fine art and design world; 10+ years of related experience within publishing/media, luxury house, or arts institution required
- Experience building, managing, and nurturing a creative team of 10+ people ranging in responsibilities, skill set, and career level
- Experience directing, producing, and creating visual assets for multiple channels and mediums including print and digital advertisements, video, social, signage, books, print collateral, etc
- Cohesive digital design expertise including user experience, product design, information design, animation, branding and identity
- Deep understanding of shoot production, photography, videography, editing, and retouching
- Thorough dexterity and in-depth knowledge of the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, Bridge, etc
- Proactive problem solver, great collaborator, and strong communicator
- Exceptional attention to detail and passion for excellence
- A unique and engaging portfolio of work illustrating the above
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references through our careers page here to apply.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.