Customer Service Representative
Department: Audience Services/Marketing
Reports to: Ticket Office Manager
Classification: Part Time 25-32 hours weekly
Scheduling: Hours per week and shift times will vary depending on our performance schedule; shifts tend to be 6-8 hours. Must be available to work between the hours of 11:30am-8:30pm on Tuesdays through Fridays, as well some Saturdays or Sundays. Must also be available to work holiday weekends and some actual holidays. Please only apply if your schedule matches these specific requirements.
ACT Theatre is seeking candidates to join our ticket office team as a part-time Customer Service and Ticket Office Representative. This is a great opportunity to be part of the arts scene in Seattle!
A Ticket Office and Customer Service Representative serves as an ambassador for ACT Theatre to patrons, assisting them over the phone, in person, and via email. Typical services to patrons include selling single tickets, subscriptions, ACTPass memberships, subscriber exchanges, knowledgably answering questions regarding performances and programming, and concierge services; all the while providing excellent customer service. Computer proficiency and general office skills are required. Previous experience with Tessitura, ticketing, and customer service are a plus. This position reports to the Ticket Office Manager as well as Ticket Office Assistant Manager and Ticket Office Leads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing individual ticket orders, subscriptions, ACTPass memberships, and exchanges
- Up-selling and cross-selling when appropriate
- Maintain accurate data entry and best practices within patron database (Tessitura)
- Reply to patron inquiries via email in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Will Call and Sales service on performance dates (matinee and evening)
- Represent ACT Theatre and our mission as the first line of contact with patrons
- Attend and participate in Ticket Office staff meetings and other ACT special events
- Complete side projects in a specified time line as assigned
- Enjoy proactively, politely, and calmly interacting with a variety of personalities in a fast-paced environment; you must truly enjoy people to thrive in this position
- Strong customer service skills; ticketing, sales, or other arts organization experience a plus
- Be punctual and ready to work for each shift
- Microsoft Office Suite and database management; Tessitura software experience a plus
- Available to consistently work 25-35 hours per week
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Skilled at multi-tasking with a high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for theatre arts and a genuine interest in working with the public
- Possess a positive, caring, respectful attitude; sense of humor a plus
- Fun work environment with a great team of colleagues
- Complimentary tickets to performances
- Great downtown location with a roof deck and comfy staff lounge
- Being connected with the local arts community
To apply: This is a part-time position, 25-32 hours per week, which requires sitting, standing, working on a computer, and speaking on a telephone via a headset. The position will be open until filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Gail Baraff, Ticket Office Manager
Please include your first and last name, and “Customer Service Representative” in the subject-line of your email.
ACT is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, drop-ins, or physical mailings please.