Boscobel House and Gardens is seeking a part-time Development and Communications intern. This internship requires at least a three-month commitment and a minimum weekly commitment of 10 hours. This position will report to and work closely with the Director of Communications and the Development Manager.
As an intern, you will have opportunities to:
- Secure real-world knowledge and experience of the communications, development, museum and nonprofit fields
- Work in a flexible learning environment while building a portfolio of professional experience
- Receive job references upon successful completion of the internship
- Updating community calendars
- Community outreach with local area businesses
- Support for photo archives
- Support for community functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Research prospective foundations and corporate donors
- Assist with membership data entry and mailings
- Assist in the planning and execution of Boscobel events
- Provide administrative support and perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- University/college sophomore, junior, senior, graduate or recent graduate preferred
- Excellent writing, verbal, phone, organizational skills
- Team player, self-motivated, detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Suite preferred
- Previous event planning and fundraising experience a plus, not a must
This internship is unpaid.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Development Manager Dana Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boscobel is committed to diversifying its audience and workforce. Veterans and candidates of any gender, ethnicity, race, religion, and cultural background are encouraged to apply.