The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Development Assistant. Reporting to the Associate Director of Membership, the Development Assistant provides administrative support, especially as it relates to Membership and Annual Fund, direct mail appeals, data entry, record keeping, and events. We are seeking a self-directed team player to help execute the development efforts primarily as it relates to Membership, the Young Fellows, and Annual Fund. This position manages the renewal process for these groups. The Development Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Raiser’s Edge database as it relates to gifts and prospects; managing preparation for events and donor meetings; generating appeals and membership packages. Confidentiality and diplomacy are required. This individual must work well under pressure and pay keen attention to details.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Morgan strongly encourages applicants with a demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion, and gender equity in programming, outreach, hiring, and collection development.
- B.A. Degree; interest in the arts and humanities preferred
- One–two years working in a development office, including managing projects
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Donor database experience; Raisers Edge experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including data analysis and calculations
- Basic design skills including Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop
- Familiarity with e-mail layout and design, MailChimp preferred
- NetCommunity; basic understanding of CRM software best practices
- Effective oral communication skills
- Highly developed writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of customer service
- Evening and some weekend hours are necessary
- Able to stand for extended periods of time at events and programs
- Able to work for extended periods on the computer
- Able to lift moderately heavy boxes of material as needed
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter with resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.