Position: Development Operations Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Individual Giving & Affiliated Programs
The Development Operations Coordinator serves on the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s Development team and will be fully-versed in and exposed to the daily development operations of the BSO; performing as a key figure in the effectiveness and overall ability of the department to achieve its fundraising goals, steward donors, and maintain financial records of donations. Under the direction of the Director of the Individual Giving & Affiliated Programs, the Development Operations Coordinator supports the implementation of fundraising strategies to increase contributed revenues from individual donors to the Annual Fund, with an emphasis on direct mail and mobile giving initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate development-related database functions including;
- Process donations, payments, and pledges for all BSO donations including the individual, institutional, education, and special fundraising campaigns
- Track all future and incoming gifts and be a primary point of contact for all gift data for the Development Department.
- Generate timely acknowledgements for all gifts of $1,199 or lower within 72 hours of receipt, ensuring membership levels are appropriately adjusted on membership cards and receipts and keeping text updated to reflect the latest news and activity from the orchestra.
- Prepare all handwritten Honor/Memorial cards within 24 hours.
- Maintain donor archives and backup data. Work closely with the Accounting department to resolve any database and gift questions.
- Assist with Annual Direct Mail, Telefunding and mobile giving campaigns by;
- Monitor Telefunding & Direct Mail progress on a daily basis by processing credit card contributions.
- Creating and utilizing source codes, track Telefunding and Direct Mail ROI including weekly metrics updates.
- Assist the Manager of the Annual Fund & Development Operations in the following:
- Perform data entry and maintenance of Tessitura for the entire Development Department.
- Assist in preparing bimonthly donor listings for Overture.
- Answer and return calls from patrons and donors within 24 hours of receiving messages on the membership and events hotlines, in coordination with the Manager of the Annual Fund and Member Events Coordinator. Provide excellent customer service to all callers.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Extensive database skills – familiarity with databases, especially Tessitura
- Ability to do basic accounting and mathematical computations with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent critical thinking, strategic planning, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of one (1) year increasingly responsible development experience
- A background and/or interest in symphonic music or the arts is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The BSO offers a competitive salary and provides excellent benefits to all full-time employees including:
- Health insurance – two options to choose from (HMO or PPO High Deductible); all at low cost to the employee
- Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurance, paid 100% by the BSO
- Generous paid time off, including annual, personal, and sick leave
- A 403(b) plan
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts, including Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free and / or discounted tickets to BSO concerts
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to Allison Burr-Livingstone, Vice President of Development at devojobs@BSOmusic.org
Please put the title of the job position in the subject line of your email. No calls or fax please.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The Grammy Award-winning Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is internationally recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world’s most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its enduring pursuit of artistic excellence, the BSO has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout Maryland with innovative education and community outreach initiatives.
The BSO made musical history in September 2007, when Maestra Marin Alsop led her inaugural concerts as the Orchestra’s 12th music director, making her the first woman to head a major American orchestra. With her highly praised artistic vision, her dynamic musicianship and her commitment to accessibility in classical music, Maestra Alsop’s leadership has ushered in a new era for the BSO and its audiences.
In addition to the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, the BSO is a founding partner and the resident orchestra at the state-of-the-art Music Center at Strathmore, just outside of Washington, D.C.