The Director of Events is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for helping oversee the vision, strategy, and execution for the Academy Museum’s event planning, production, and sales strategy. Events vary in size, audience, and objective, from high-profile to community events. The position supervises staff in the Events and Sales department, including Group Sales and Tourism, maintains the department’s budget, and helps create event policies and processes.
- Visionary with the ability to oversee the production of events from inception through to follow-up.
- Manage, oversee, and grow events revenue for multi-event operations and to ensure that goals are met.
- Manage overall events budgets, sales forecasts, and targets analyze event data and understand event financial principles.
- Promotes facility rentals through vendor events, marketing materials, creation of proposals and other means.
- Guide and monitor successful implementation and execution of sales plans.
- Oversee and manages group sales and tourism, attending tradeshows, and managing 3rd party relationships.
- Develops and manages relationships with potential clients, and proactively seeks new business opportunities in conjunction with the Manager of Groups Sales and Tourism and Manager of Event Sales.
- Secures and manages relationships and negotiate contracts with key vendors.
- Encourages successful relationships with colleagues and external partners.
- Collaborate with museum catering partners to develop standard operating procedures.
- Drives continuous improvement to an events operation and encourages innovation within the team.
- Oversee overall team performance, internal staff, and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in event management preferably in event production
- Able to show successful execution of past events (either online or in print)
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in events
- Has the capability to solicit bids, draft contract terms and monitor performance of contractors
- Successful forecasting, reporting and managing event-specific and annual budgets
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, when required
- Event management at a museum venue is a bonus
This position is currently accepting applications.