The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
• Develop and implement strategies for purchasing aligned with the company’s F&B objectives.
• Ensure pricing integrity and quality controls.
• Coordinating the bidding process for F&B purchases at the Arena
• Responsible for generating system purchase orders, overall inventory management of F&B products (i.e. PAR levels), reconciliation of receipts, and final payment to supplier(s) for all food, beverages, equipment, paper goods, and small wares.
• Review F&B purchasing process to look for ways to enhance efficiencies and to enhance automation
• Develop and provide analytics to track companywide
• Research new products, specifications and propose qualified suppliers.
• Manage a competitive bid process for new products or services, when applicable per Company policies.
• Create various reports to assist in monitoring order history, inventory levels and develop strategies to improve current F&B operations.
• Establish lasting relationships with existing and future suppliers. Monitor supplier performance and quality of products and services performed.
• Evaluate technology applications that may be utilized to replace existing (Eatec).
• Evaluate and recommend cost-saving procedures.
• 7-10 years’ experience purchasing in the F&B industry
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Successfully managed operations in purchasing environment
• Familiarity with Automated Purchasing Systems that support F&B
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.