The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre, and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
The Director’s sales efforts will focus on partnerships surrounding Entertainment properties such as the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes, Boston Calling Music Festival, LIVE music platforms across MSG Venues (LA Forum, Chicago Theatre, Beacon Theatre, The Hulu Theatre at MSG, Montefiore Concert Series at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall) The TAO Group, among others. The position will also sell across Teams, Signage and Sports Properties including, but not limited to, the Knicks, Rangers, CLG, MSG Signage, College Hoops, Boxing, UFC, among others.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
• Maintain their own active, qualified outbound sales process to generate new business
• Drive a quantitative, qualitative and transparent sales process
• To become the leader to any assigned existing renewal partners and drive the partnership strategy with the Account Management Team
• Lead the creation of all proposals and pitch decks for prospects and partners
• Review and approve all proposals and partnership summaries prior to external delivery to company and/or brand
• Work to sell against all Entertainment properties to diversify sales portfolio across Productions, Rockettes, Music, Festivals, among others
• Lead internal protocol and process with assigned coordinator to ensure all stays streamlined deal creation and approvals
• Manage CRM system and ensure accounts are properly tracked and updated
• Establish collaborative environment with Business Solutions team throughout platform creation and proposal vetting process
• Lead contractual process with Legal team and drive the timeline and deadlines with both internal and external legal teams
• Focus efforts on inventory and strategies designed to maximize revenue streams for individual properties and the organization globally
• Manage day-to-day expense budget
• Partner with Partnership Strategy group to create “best in class” partner management system
• Support MSG events and properties by regularly attending and hosting clients at games, concerts, events
Collaborate with various property stakeholders such as Marketing, PR, Event Presentation, Finance, Legal, among others
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 5-10 years’ experience in strategic marketing/sponsorship execution for both sports and entertainment properties
• Experience managing and selling sponsorships for entertainment properties such as music festivals, music venues, artist tours, and/or theatrical productions
• Prior knowledge/experience of the music industry and/or performing arts
• Have assisted in launching an artist tour, a music festival, or a new theatrical production
• Familiar with branding opportunities and capabilities across entertainment and production properties
• Able to creatively think of new platforms and assets for partners to leverage across entertainment and production properties.
• Ability to present proposals to potential and existing clients
• Ability to establish relationships with all levels of the company, sponsors/clients and teammates.
• Technical proficiency with PC’s, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical skills
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.