Eleven at Crystal Bridges specializes in modern American comfort food. Our Back of House Service Staff exhibits exemplary behavior towards guests and fellow employees while supporting the Museum’s strategy of “Welcoming, Invigorating, and Excellence” in order to leave a lasting positive and dynamic impression.
- Properly clean and sanitize all dishes, glassware, utensils, and pots
- Maintain dish room and dish machines
- Operate dish machine to company and manufacturer specifications
- Practice proper safe handling of chemical for dish machine and cleaning solvents
- Restocks all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans
- Remove all garbage
- Sweep and mop floors as needed in back of house area
- Break down, clean, and sanitize dish machine at the end of the shift or as necessary throughout the shift while following manufacturer’s specifications
- Responsible for stocking, rotating, and keeping storage areas clean and organized
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by Restaurant Management
Education, Training and Traits:
- Understanding and knowledge of kitchen setup and processes
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
- Knowledge of basic dish machine operations
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Previous commercial dishwashing experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Possess strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Committed to quality food and service
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: In the work environment described below, position requires working in a high functioning kitchen for prolonged periods of time and good eye/hand coordination, bending and stretching for prepping, and physical stamina to lift and stack a minimum of 50 pounds. Visual acuity to review written materials is required for this job. Additionally, this position requires meeting the public and the organization in a professional and courteous manner. Occasionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to independently travel in the local area.
- Work environment: Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment, museum spaces, and in communities served. The physical arrangement of the kitchen may require the position to work in an open environment within close proximity to other colleagues. Work space must be organized and reflect efficiency. The noise level in the Museum work environment is usually moderate to high. Frequent evening and weekend work hours and some local travel are required.