REPORTS TO: Class and Camp Administrative Manager
POSITION ROLE: Sales Associate for the Alliance Theatre Education Department; primary sales contact and customer service representative for all classes, camps, and Theatre for the Very Young tickets sold to the public; responsible for managing education calendar and space reservations; manages all facility rentals, plans and implements new marketing strategies
Work schedule: Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00pm with occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Sales & Marketing:
- Work with the Director of Education and the Marketing Department to build annual and session-by-session marketing and sales plans that achieve sales goals, including target audience, sales strategies, tactics, timelines and measurement criteria
- Contact new and existing students to sell education offerings by telephone, email and mail
- Answer all incoming phone inquiries and counsel all interested students, new or prospective
- Meet all sales goals as outlined by the Director of Education for each particular session
- Assist with marketing initiatives including direct mailings, e-communications, and event planning and inside/outside sales calls execution
- Manage free acting class events
- Facilitate class check-ins for new students
- Communicate the status of each course with appropriate Teaching Artists
- Represent the Alliance Theatre at selected trade shows, expos and networking events
- Execute sales of single TVY tickets, classes, and camps
- Sell and facilitate TVY tours, TVY group tickets, and TVY birthday events
- Establish and maintain relationships with patrons
- Greet patrons and answer questions as they arrive for programs and events
- Assist with scheduling education events and communicating schedule to all parties
- Assist with inbound order processing, payment processing and receivables
- Manage education calendar, and enter all events in our scheduling database
- Assist with updating content for education offerings on the web-site
- Assist with the coordination of events and ancillary activities and all education marketing events
- Maintain student database and other mailing lists
- Mail invoices and confirmation materials to students
- Manage internal and external rentals
- Teach educational workshops and classes when needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required—Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre or Performing Arts
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity software, databases, etc.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work, both independently and collaboratively as a team member, with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Creative, with the ability to handle simultaneous, multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently and with good humor.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.