This position reports to the Assistant Director of Travel & Conference Sales and is primarily responsible for supporting the Educational Travel Department through the generation and distribution of timely, accurate written passenger communications for the Museum’s wide array of signature educational programs. These programs include WWII history-based battlefield tours for adult audiences, student programs such as Normandy Academy and Student Leadership Academy, the annual International Conference on WWII, Corporate Leadership Institute, and various symposia.
Essential duties include the following:
- Generate, collate, and distribute passenger confirmation materials, reading lists, and final mailing documents.
- Support Viatour Database maintenance:
- Enter data regarding passenger deposits, payments, and cancellations.
- Generate reports for Sales & Marketing.
- Manage promotion schedules in terms of promotions, reporting, and timelines.
- Edit web images, test web booking links, and edit / update boilerplate text for web.
- Support Assistant Director of Travel & Conference Sales and Assistant Director of Educational Travel Marketing in all aspects of new market endeavors to include Affinity Travel Program and Conference Programs administrative tasks and other assignments as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of administrative support and advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Adobe, Drop Box and related programs. In addition, excellent organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills are a must as are the willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. Finally, knowledge of WWII history and geography is preferred, but not required.