The Email Marketing Coordinator will serve as a key member of the Communications team working to expand awareness of Crystal Bridges’ and the Momentary’s offerings and help generate attendance, ticket and membership sales through email. The ideal candidate is collaborative and curious, committed to serving our audiences in a timely and efficient way with email messages that both inform and intrigue. Working within an integrated marketing strategy, the Email Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing, executing, and analyzing email communications to subscribers and targeted audiences, on a variety of topics, including art, programs, culinary, architecture, temporary exhibitions, nature, and more.
- Optimize template designs, Wordfly media library, software updates, and institutional brand standards to create visually engaging emails/newsletters for mobile, desktop/tablet, and non-HTML audiences.
- Write copy and manage review process for monthly schedule of emails to subscribed lists.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager and PR team, to develop and execute email campaigns integrated with digital marketing efforts (such as organic and paid social media, direct mail, and print).
Strategize + Report
- Monitor frequency, subject lines, times, and conduct A/B testing and surveys.
- Manage ongoing email acquisition plan, and oversee list segmentation based on behaviors and engagement, and maintain and pull lists from Tessitura.
- Work with Museum Database operations managers to preserve the value of data both imported and exported into the Tessitura database.
- Work with Marketing Manager to track and report on campaigns with Google Analytics.
- Research industry best practices to ensure Crystal Bridges is compliant with all email marketing standards and regulations.
Collaborate with/serve museum departments
- Learn about the museum’s past and future program offerings and its audiences.
- Collaborate with the museum’s People Services department to maintain flow of communication with staff, especially front of house teammates that interface with guests on outgoing emails with time sensitive campaigns.
- Work with the museum’s Advancement department to strategize communications and timing of emails to sponsors/donors/members.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will satisfy the minimum requirements.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven work experience in Email marketing or digital marketing overall.
- Hands on experience with HTML, content management systems, and/or ticketing service software (Tessitura experience is preferred, but not required).
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology.
- Understanding of marketing principles and metrics; knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools.
- Highly effective written, verbal, and listening communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Demonstrated organizational planning, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: In the work environments described below, Position requires utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal and written conversation with others, lifting/carrying (up to 10 lbs.), and ability to move around the Museum. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment, museum spaces, and in communities served. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.