The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
The Event Security Officer will:
- Ensure protection of facilities, properties, employees and guests of The Chicago Theatre.
- Pomote positive guest/client experience. Uphold commitment of MSG “Circle of Service” standards and MSG’s Mission and Values.
- Maintain professional manner, presence, and appearance at all times while on premises
- Arrive for scheduled shift on time and in proper MSG approved uniform.
- Prevent access to any areas of the facility by any unauthorized individuals.
- Conduct building tours, monitor CCTV and alarm systems and control building access.
- Responsible for checking bags and screening guests/employees to ensure overall safety.
- Serve as a security escort and respond to security assistance calls during performances and operating hours.
- Be prepared to take an active role in Emergency Operations procedures (evacuation plan) through on-going training and drills.
- Lock/unlock facility doors according to scheduled requirements.
- Prevent sales of all unauthorized merchandise and tickets in and around venue.
- Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Will have the ability to enforce departmental policies and procedures with fairness and consistency.
- Will utilize a bullhorn and radio to direct guests.
- Previous security experience required.
- Must be able to obtain PERC Card upon request.
- Obtain Fire Guard certificate upon request.
- Pay rate $18.55 p/h
This position works nights, weekends and holidays.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION AND COMPLETE THE ON-LINE ASSESSMENT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDER FOR THIS POSITION.