Reports to Executive Director/Managing Director
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director and Managing Director. The ideal candidate will have solid administrative assistant skills and an exceptional ability to work with a diverse group of people and competing priorities. The Executive Assistant must be proactive, able to initiate projects and anticipate needs.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Minimum of three years administrative assistant experience
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations (this position requires demonstrated composure, tact and diplomacy)
- Strong administrative skills, including writing, proofreading, editing, managing schedules and travel arrangements
- Familiarity with Tessitura and ArtsVision a plus
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide administrative support to the Executive and Managing Directors, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining appointment calendars, including planning and scheduling appointments for both internal and external meetings, phone calls, conferences, travel, etc.
- Managing needs/requests from Goodman department heads, staff, artists, trustees and patrons
- Coordinating all internal and external executive communication, including taking calls, emails, and other general correspondence
- Providing administrative support to the certain committees of the Board of Trustees, including coordinating committee meeting logistics/schedules; preparation and dissemination of meeting materials; recording and distribution of committee meeting minutes; and general board correspondence
- Assisting with ticketing and reservations for VIP guests
- Coordinate Goodman staff meetings and events
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to this link. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position. No phone calls, please.