This position will provide administrative support to the SVP, Vice Chairman and VP, Chief of Staff Global Fine Arts.
- Coordinating calendar; scheduling appointments
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Preparing correspondence
- Organizing meetings including pre-meeting materials as needed
- Organizing travel arrangements including tickets, accommodations, car services, etc.
- Preparing and tracking expense reports
- Maintaining paper and electronic files and client lists
- Provide Relationship Manager (RM) support, including but not limited to:
- Daily support of the RM’s work with clients; help bring together the resources required to deliver an extraordinary client experience.
- Follow through and monitor large volumes of communication, questions, and requests by all levels of clients; act as liaison where necessary between the RMs and internal departments (i.e. – general inquiries; valuation requests; proposals; consignments; private treaty sales; buying and bidding services; postsale services – invoicing, shipping)
- As appropriate, act as a conduit of client information between the RM, the Client Developer, and the Department to help obtain/maintain the most up to date and accurate information.
- Provide support during catalogue deadlines and sales; manage interest list, exhibition support, condition reports, images, selling points, organizing and/or executing bids
- Assist with note writing, cataloguing and researching provenance, etc. when appropriate
- Work on special projects and other sale-related responsibilities as required.
- Foster relationships internally by acting as a crucial liaison between Imps/Mod and Sotheby’s internal departments, both internationally and domestically
- Impeccable organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service attitude and excellent telephone manner
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong time management skills
- Dependable, proactive, mature. Exercises good judgement and discretion at all times.
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to multi task and perform in a pressured environment and handle high level of responsibility
- Occasional long hours required, included late evenings and weekends during sale deadlines, exhibitions and auctions
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently in order to achieve deadlines
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint necessary.
- Experience in auction is a plus