About the Company
Meow Wolf Santa Fe is hiring a full time Exhibit Maintenance Specialist. This position is for 40 hours per week 6am-2pm, generally Monday-Friday but weekends may occasionally be required. The Exhibit Maintenance Specialist position reports to the Director of Exhibition.
The Exhibit Maintenance Specialist repairs and improves Meow Wolf’s House of Eternal Return. This position assesses the condition of the exhibit on a continuous basis and ensures that the visitor experience is consistent and of the highest quality. The Exhibit Maintenance Specialists remediates any structural, aesthetic, or functional issues observed or reported by other team members.
- 5 years experience with carpentry and finish work or a related field.
- Proficiency with all drywall processes.
- Strong understanding of mounting and anchoring fixtures in a variety of substrates.
- Experience manipulating materials by hand in a sculptural/artistic fashion.
- Experience matching paint color/sheen. Experience with a variety of paint application techniques including spray, brush, and roll.
- Experience with concrete and stucco processes.
- Experience with wood fabrication and assembly.
- Ability to understand artistic and aesthetic visual languages and restore visual works of art to original state.
- Experience drafting basic floor plans, elevations, and conceptual renderings.Ability to follow detailed instructions from artists/fabricators regarding processes and aesthetics.
- Prior work experience in a physically demanding field.
- Basic metalworking experience including steel welding, cutting, and grinding .
- Basic understanding of wiring and simple low voltage electrical systems.
- Basic understanding of plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Ability to follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety rules.
- Ability to remember and communicate information.
- Experience solving complex problems utilizing the above mentioned skillset.
- Experience operating as a member of a team.
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized way
- Assist with cleaning and landscaping tasks
- Use a variety of paints and adhesives that may require the use of personal protective equipment
- Lift up to 100 pounds
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.