This position reports to the Director of Facilities Management & Engineering and is responsible for managing and directing Custodial and Custodial Event Set Up staff to ensure the Museum campus is consistently clean, well maintained, and safe for visitors, staff, and volunteers. This position also works closely with the Event Rental Sales team to properly coordinate and execute events held at the Museum.
Essential duties include the following:
- Supervise and lead staff, including an Assistant Manager and several supervisors.
- Analyze staffing requirements and make recommendations as necessary; manage departmental payroll.
- Perform walk-throughs of the campus as necessary; troubleshoot as necessary.
- Direct and supervise the set-up and breakdown of events; serve as the Facilities point of contact.
- Maintain departmental inventory.
- Oversee departmental contracts with external vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets and reports.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in Facilities management, including experience in supervising and leading staff. In addition, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and proficiency in Microsoft Office are required. Finally, the ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary and to consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment are a must.