The pre-eminent expression of lifelong learning in the United States, Chautauqua Institution comes alive each summer with a unique mix of fine and performing arts, lectures, interfaith worship and programs, and recreational activities. Over the course of nine weeks, more than 100,000 people visit Chautauqua and participate in programs, classes and community events for all ages — all within the beautiful setting of a historic lakeside village. As a community, we celebrate, encourage and study the arts and treat them as integral to all of learning, and we convene the critical conversations of the day to advance understanding through civil dialogue.
Bussers/Service Attendants work directly with servers to provide direct table service to guests of the Heirloom Restaurant. This is an ideal entry-level position for candidates interested in working for the restaurant industry.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate and take direction from service staff to assist with fine dining table service
- Maintain cleanly restaurant facility in a fast paced environment
- Carry trays to kitchen from dining room
- Carry food on trays to tables in dining room
- All other duties as assigned.
- Prior bussing experience in high volume restaurant operation is beneficial, but not required.
- Must have effective communication skills to interact with guests/leadership and collaborate with staff
- Minors (ages 14+) are welcome to apply for this position and should click following link for instructions from CHQ.org on Obtaining a New York State Work Permit